Give the Grudge the Boot

Holding a grudge actually holds you back from moving forward. It keeps a piece of you stagnant, stuck in the past, grounded to a situation that can not be undone.  I am not saying you can not be hurt or angry- you are human, but do not sew that emotion into the fabric of who you are, and carry it with you. I too have been wronged, hurt, and betrayed before and it is no fun, but let me tell you-the ones that do those things to you will suffer far longer than you ever could if you would just let it go as soon as possible. 

Holding a grudge alters your energy. It changes the energy you give off as well. That said, there are plenty of real tragedies in life, try not to sweat the small stuff, and just live. Breathe peace into your heart and over your life. Stay in a positive place, learn from the experience, and do not let it happen again. Learn to let go, and just be grateful for even the smallest blessings because you would miss them if they were not already yours, am I right? Enjoy, embrace, and enhance your life. It can be so short. Be able to look back knowing you did not waste any of it holding on to something that hurts you more than the person that put the hurt there in the first place.


Recently, I was made aware that someone that had let me down was still harboring guilt. Via a mutual party, I sent them this message:

"I have no hard feelings. You need to know that. I was upset then, but I let that situation go along time ago. I am not that girl. I will not waste time emotionally punishing you or myself over a situation that has already happened, I can not change, or do differently. I wish I could rewrite history, but that is beyond my reach. All I can do is move on, and you should too. I can only hope you learned something from it. I certainly did. You should forgive yourself for that. I already have. That is all." 
I believe our disappointments are meant to encourage and inspire us to rise above the situation, show us how to be the bigger person, and reveal what it is we can do better to better ourselves. If you learn the lesson your situation is trying to teach you, you will be better and stronger than ever before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.