Passing the Plateau- The Wicked Weight-loss

Sometimes when you are trying to lose weight you can come to a plateau. It may seem like no matter how hard you work, how accountable you are, or how many yucky, fat-free, low cal. pieces of cardboard you ingest, you just can not lose; if you do it is not nearly as fast as it was in the beginning, and at best it is only a pound or two. Sound familiar? I have been there. It can be discouraging even depressing. So what do you do when you run into a weight-loss road block? First and foremost, do not give up. Continue to count your calories, eat healthy, workout, drink plenty of water, and gain a better understanding of your body.

Your body is very smart. It can get used to your workout routine, your eating habits, and become comfortable with your weight loss thus far. That said, you need to shake things up a bit. Do not change the game, change the rules. Losing weight takes work and commitment, but it also takes movement. Start by trying a completely different workout routine than you are used to. When I walked in the beginning, I lost a ton of weight, but once I began to plateau I understood that was my body's way of telling me that it was bored. It was no longer being entertained by my sad attempt to get its attention. While I knew I could have stopped eating all together, I had to stay healthy. Not eating was not an option. I also knew I did not have the time to run 10 miles a day or spend every waking moment in a gym either. For me, every minute of my day counts. I needed a plan that would maximize my workout and burn the most amount of calories as possible while simultaneously toning my body. Kickboxing was my answer, and things quickly kicked back into high gear.

Recently, I was injured and have not been able to kickbox. I found my weight-loss stagnant once again. This coming Monday, in addition to the light cardio I have been able to do despite my injury, I will be attempting the military diet to jump-start my body. From what I understand, people have been said to lose nearly 10 pounds in 3 days. I will be the judge of that, and keep you posted. Whatever you do, do not get discouraged. If what you have done before is not working for you now, do something else. Keep trying until you find your stride. When you find what works for you those unwanted pounds will find their way off of your body.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.