Hit or Miss? Pinterest Monday

Last week I went on my Pinterest and combed through hundreds, possibly thousands of home remedies, recipes, DIY projects to attempt, things to do, places to visit, magic tricks, and amazing dream trips for my bucket list, and I got to thinking about how many of them were not real, would not work, and would basically be an epic fail. Not necessarily the places but the remedies recipes, projects, tricks and tips that I have been storing for "one day". Well, the day has come, several days in fact. I must say for the most part, I was pleasantly surprised.

The first DIY trick I tackled was homemade shaving gel. The pin I have claimed that it would be a money saver, and it asserts I would have smoother legs, a closer shave, and my blade would last longer. While I can not speak to the shelf-life of my razor just yet, I will tell you that this is definitely a Hit in my book. It took under five minutes to make with baby oil, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. I shaved my legs lickity-split and they were quite smooth. I actually refrained from putting any moisturizer on my legs so my husband could give my legs the rub test, and he agreed.

Next I tried the banana peel whitener. I am on the fence with this one. It may have worked, but I could not bare the mushiness long enough ( I was supposed to rub the peel on my teeth for five minutes). That said, while this could be just my mind wanting it to work, I think it might have had a little benefit to it. I will have to try this one again so for now we can say it was an 'Or' until further notice.

I also tried the frozen balloons to keep drinks cool in a cooler instead of dealing with melting ice water. First, you should know it takes a long time for them to freeze. This is something you want to start several days in advance. Second, filling them can get messy so again, do this several days in advance and dress appropriately. In hind-sight, I think we should have worn shower caps and garbage bags. At the end of day, they worked. It was several days later, some busted and we were left with big ice balls, but the question is if they served the purpose intended, and if my party was several days later, they would have. The frozen balloons are a hit.

Last but not least, I tried the french manicure tape tip. If you are anything like me, you love a french pedi, but hate the idea of paying someone to do it for you solely because you were not blessed with a steady hand. Well, those days are over. It was a total hit. I painted my toes the day before to make sure they would be completely dry, then taped and tipped my toes the next day. They came out great, but I will say, make sure you remove the tape before your nails dry completely. Overall, this was probably the simplest tip, but most importantly, it actually worked.

I hope you all enjoyed the first edition of Hit or Miss? Pinterest Monday! I took on Hit or Miss? to save you the trouble of finding out the real deal, the hard way. Want me to try a hit or miss from your Pinterest? Leave a message below. You never know, you might see one of your pins tested next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.