More Fun for Table One

We are wired to know the straight and narrow path and to stay on it, but where is the joy in always following footsteps already taken? Nevermind spending all of your days in beige predictability, live seeking happiness wherever and however it may come. You can find happiness in the most uncommon and forgettable places, but you have to be open to it and willing to let it happen. You certainly can not sit around and just hope that it comes to you; you go out get happy. Where are you likely to find happy? With his best-friend Fun of course. Have some fun, take a walk on the wild-side or merely peek out of the box you live in. It could prove to be greatly beneficial. There certainly is no harm in consciously putting more joy in our circumstance more often than we do now. You may even find something or someone you could grow to love.

Why not do things we have never done, go places that are foreign to us, meet with people that are unfamiliar, and make an attempt to enjoy more of the time we have together? Well, don't mind if I do. I am not just talking about it, I will be about it. I am done nursing all of the Sour-Suzies, Whiny-Wendys, Bitter-Bettys and all around party-poopers. Starting this weekend, I am taking a walk on the wild-side and having some fun I have never had before- it will be an adventure. (If you knew me you would know that it will not entail danger of any kind or anything scary, but it will be fun.) We all could use a day of fun and adventure, and I intend to live for fun and adventure more often. I figure, if we choose to be happy and in that mindset we repeatedly put it in motion as often as possible, we would generally be happier people.

This weekend I am seeking happy with a friend in the form of fun and adventure, but next week may be simply exploring the city I live in more closely or making smores over an open flame in our backyard (no, we have never done that). Certainly, we all could benefit from a vacation, a concert, a walk on the beach, a long drive, or even a dinner at a new restaurant (start small, I am not judging) but embrace, embark, and carpe as much of life as you can. Life is a gift worth living so go live! When I am old and gray, when there are far more days behind me than ahead, I would like to spend my days walking down memory lane. Now is the time to make sure those memories are awesome and worth remembering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.