Peace, Even In the Fog of Loss

A childhood friend of mine is being buried today. If I were still in state I would be present for this one; a truly kind, gentle, and genuine person I am glad to have known. Today, my heart is heavy, a life lived so brief in the grand scheme of things; it can really shake you. I am reminded of the many who have left this world before me in my so few years here. A few questions came to mind, one, how will you knowing what you know, (that it can be so brief) how will you live life more fully? Two, how long will you be sad and what are you going to do about that? After a moment to ponder I concluded to myself that I will practice my passion with more urgency. It is easy to think that you have plenty of time, but you must remember that you are not the one holding the watch. I intend to remind myself of my purpose and get to work every day putting it into action. Great or small, my efforts count and will eventually add up to something. (Yes, that is my new affirmation.) I look forward to seeing the fruits of my labor flourish, hopefully, but I know I do not hold the watch so I will move swiftly. I will take breaks when they are necessary but seldom wastefully and mostly to refuel. Yes, at this moment I am sad, but passed this day, I will think of him fondly and I will smile in the future. As with the many loved ones that have past before, I refuse to anchor their absence in sadness and grief. Instead, I will celebrate their memory, light a candle to invite them in and light their way, speak of them with love, and remember the joy their presence brought to my life when they were here. Here is the key, one must first accept the peace of experiencing happiness, fun, joy, and camaraderie with another person and take that with you, hold on to the memories you made together and replay them when you choose, and lastly, appreciate the stamp that person's presence left on your heart and rest assured it will never fade.





~RIP SS~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.