Put Some Gratitude In Your Attitude

Recently, I began to ponder, what if everyone was just a little more grateful? What if, as adults, we all were working toward being more appreciative of the things and people we have in our lives? What would happen to the relationship that was broken if both parties forced themselves to recall the ways their partner has been a blessing to their life? What if you took a moment to recollect on the many kind words, gifts just because, and thoughtful acts your partner has given you? What would you feel? I referred to a simple affirmation "Put some gratitude in your attitude" -I have been known to repeat that phrase to my boys for some time now. As children who are still growing, learning, and establishing their moral, value, faith, and character building blocks through every firsthand experience, I want them to have this phrase built into their being. A sign, for me, that I have done my job as their mother very much depends in part on their gratitude and the outward expression of it. Their appreciation and acknowledgement of what they have and how they cherish those things and people they have been blessed with is of vital importance to me. I concluded that in no way could having more gratitude, being more aware of its necessity in the moment, and expressing it by word or action could we be negatively affected as an outcome. If anything it would enhance, uplift, and intensify our personal joy and experiences with each other. Having more gratitude and making the conscious decision to be more aware and sensitive to it can only improve our relationships because we are mirrors of the people we surround ourselves with. At one time or another every partner should be doing things that are simply from the heart and require nothing in return. That being said, that does not mean one should excuse themselves from expressing gratitude; just because no one is demanding it from you does not make it any less necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.