Hate On, Hater...

Once upon a time I actually would entertain the nonsense that haters spewed about me. Unfortunately, I've even deemed it necessary to defend myself against it. I suppose, sometimes it may have hurt my feelings a  or angered me, but as I have gotten older, and maybe as I have taken more than one opportunity to show and prove my haters wrong, I have embraced the ideal that I am who I subscribe to and not what anyone else labels me. Nobody knows me better than myself, so if I am honest with myself, acknowledging and accepting all that I am including my flaws and room for improvement, there is very little room left for anyone's opinion to really matter. 

When people think that making the most of their time is used by trash-talking someone, you better believe that person is so sad, so disappointed, so burdened by the lack luster in their own life and the grand-slam of their own trials, flaws, and failures that at the end of their day, you are all they have, and that is a shame. Feel sorry for them. Pity them. There is no worse life to be living than one that revolves around someone else. Sitting by waiting for the other shoe to drop on another's situation, holding your breath secretly hoping for their failure, publicly mocking and exaggerating their circumstance or spreading your opinion as if it were truth to others, to merely gain fans is simply pathetic.

With all that said, here's the key: let them wait, let them hate, and hope that their continued observation of your every move will have a positive impact on their life, their character, and reflection of themselves. Hope that your haters will learn from watching you make your moves, and do better for themselves. Hope that your constant advancement, achievement, and progression will provoke them to put down their binoculars, cease or minimize their obsession with you and what you do, and go do something to better themselves. While you hold on to your hope for them, continue to encourage and frequently remind yourself that no one can define you but you. Be the best you you can be, and strive to be better. Stay driven by your goals, and do not allow anyone or their opinions to distract you. Lastly, be aware of who "they" are and keep your distance. Hateration can be contagious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.