Choose You

Every event, circumstance, and trial comes with one thing, a choice. You always have a choice. How you choose to respond, react, or let them impact your life is entirely up to you. We all have had our share of heartaches, disappointments, and pain brought on us by ourselves or others, but what will you do with that? How will you make that experience make you better? The choice is always yours. At the end of the day, only you can make a positive out of a negative.

Make the choices that benefits you the most. Take heed to whatever your situation is meant to teach you, make a choice that uplifts you, and do better when you are ever faced with the same adversity. Sometimes things happen to us because we have not made the choice to make the best choice for us individually in that situation. Your actions and reactions are always up to you. You can not control every situation, but you certainly can control how you react to it.

At one time, a time I am not proud of, I unknowingly allowed other people to control me. I repeatedly relinquished control by being manipulated by people around me so much so, that everyone, friends, family, and foes alike used that to their advantage. Knowing that I am a "mama bear", for instance, my friends would become like cubs and knew that I would take the action necessary to protect them and speak-up on thier behalf. Every issue and poor circumstance became OUR problem.

My family, knowing that I am a fixer, brought every adverse situation to my table, and I would immediately jump into action and fix it. My loyalty is stronger than my own self-preservation, and they knew it. Even if it meant sleepless nights, I was relentless enough to determine how I would diffuse or irradicate their situation for them- for us.

My foes, clever little devils, (no pun intended) would simply push my buttons. Knowing that I am a walking live wire, they calculated every move that would eventually light the fuse that would release my wrath. They were like little terrorists, willing to strap the bomb to their own bodies just to take me down with them.

Here's the key: choose to put the ball back in your court. If soemone is not bringing light into your world, get rid of them. If the only purpose you serve in your relationship is the giver and you never find yourself positively on the recieving end- let it go. Nothing is worth more than your happiness and betterment. Do things that bring you closer to joy. Make the choice to put joy on your to-do list and make it a priority. For me, I had to learn to stop making other's conflicts a personal challenge. I had to remove myself from other's experience and conciously take on the role as an advisor instead of the fixer. I had to learn not to make other's misfortunes a personal obstacle. Lastly, I had to stop allowing people's words or actions against me control my response. Honestly, even now, I have a set back from time to time, but I can say that I recognize them sooner than I used to, and then I make the choice to do things differently and for the betterment of me.http://the-answer-key.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Stagnant? Get Unstuck...

Let Go Like Elsa

I.Y.K.Y.K.